“I will follow that system of regimen which, according to my ability and judgment,
I consider for the benefit of my patients, and abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous.
I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked, nor suggest any such counsel;
and in like manner I will not give to a woman a pessary to produce abortion.
With purity and with holiness I will pass my life and practice my Art.
I will not cut persons laboring under the stone, but will leave this to be done by men who are practitioners of this work.
Into whatever houses I enter, I will go into them for the benefit of the sick, and will abstain
from every voluntary act of mischief and corruption; and, further from the seduction of females or males,
of freemen and slaves.
Whatever, in connection with my professional practice or not, in connection with it,
I see or hear, in the life of men, which ought not to be spoken of abroad, I will not divulge,
as reckoning that all such should be kept secret.
While I continue to keep this Oath unviolated, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and the practice of the art,
respected by all men, in all times!
But should I trespass and violate this Oath, may the reverse be my lot!”
Assembly Bill 2098 is being heard next Monday, June 27, at 12 p.m. in the Senate Business, Professions & Economic Development Committee. AB2098 will classify the dissemination or promotion of medical advice contrary to the then-current-CDC guidelines as “mis” or “disinformation” and “unprofessional conduct” subject to discipline by the Medical Board.
HOW CAN WE KILL THIS BILL, TOO?
- If you are in the area, please attend the hearing at 12 p.m. Monday, June 27. They are allowing in-person comments.
- 1021 O Street, Room 1200, Sacramento, California
- If you cannot, please call in.
- Call in information TBD closer to time of hearing.
- If you have not already, please submit your opposition letter:
- Email your letter to your representative:
- Email your letter to the Senate Business, Professions & Economic Development Committee Members, and each of them:
- Senator Richard D. Roth (Chair)
- Senator Melissa A. Melendez (Vice Chair)
- Senator Bob Archuleta
- Senator Patricia C. Bates
- Senator Josh Becker
- Senator Bill Dodd
- Senator Susan Talamantes Eggman
- Senator Melissa Hurtado
- Senator Brian W. Jones
- Senator Connie M. Leyva
- Senator Dave Min
- Senator Josh Newman
- Senator Rosilicie Ochoa Bogh
- Senator Richard Pan
- Sample Opposition Letters
- Sample Talking Points
- Sample Script:
- Hello, My name is _______, I [live, work or have a business] in Senator____district. I strongly oppose AB 2098, labeling and disciplining doctor that contradict the CDC COVID-19 narrative, as unprofessional conduct. This is an ever changing situation. Even CDC Director Rochelle Walensky and NIH head Tony Fauci have stated that the science is ever-evolving and “gray,” not black and white. Who will decide what is misinformation? Against what standards? Doctors currently prescribe and recommend off-label medications and treatments. Will they no longer be able to do that? I am scared that the quality of my medical care will suffer greatly if I am not able to have open and candid discussions with my doctor. How will he or she be able to discuss all the available options with me, without potentially discussing options that are NOT mainstream? What if those are not viable for me? Will I have to undergo those or otherwise not receive care? A doctor’s oath is to first do no harm and to render care TO THE PATIENT, and no one else. How can they do this if they are worried about the medical board investigating them? Will I no longer be at the center of our doctor-patient relationship? Medicine cannot live in a volatile environment like this. Please vote NO or at the very least abstain on this horrific bill.
- ANDIf my child can consent to and get medical treatment without my knowledge or consent, how will they receive any advice from a trusted adult that is tailored to them – their medical history, their needs, their goals? Who will protect the children?
- Thank you, NAME.”
NOW IS THE TIME. RISE UP!
Yours in the Fight,
Your FLTJ Warriors