STOP BEING COMPLICIT.
Call your Senator and Assemblymember every day until each of these Bad Bills is dead. Each bill must pass out of finance committees by September 14 and completely out of the Legislature by September 30. These bills can be heard any day so the time to act is now. Today. All you need to say is that you are a constituent and want to register your opposition to Bad Bills [Numbers]. Just rattle off the numbers.
1. VOTE NO ON AB957 (Wilson) – Parents – Equates “affirmation of child gender transition” directly with a child’s “health, safety and welfare.” Therefore, not affirming child sex change = not acting in line with health, safety or welfare = child abuse. The non-affirming parent will lose custody and, yes, if both refuse to affirm, both can be deemed abusive and lose custody making the child a “ward of the State.” Even parents who are not in a custody dispute will be at risk of being deemed abusive for not affirming a child’s purported desire to change sex.
2. VOTE NO ON AB665 (Carrillo) – Parents – Allows random “professional persons” to place children 12+ into residential shelters, based on the child’s “OK” alone, no parental consent or due process, no allegation of any danger whatsoever. (Current law at Family Code section 6924 requires that a child must be in danger – suicidal or victim of abuse/incest – before the child can go into residential shelter. AB665 guts Family Code 6924 to eliminate danger requirement.)
3. VOTE NO ON AB1078 (Jackson) – Schools – Newsom, Bonta and Thurmond Bullying School Boards. State choses curriculum, forcing the teaching of CRT, transgenderism, developmentally inappropriate “sex ed” and LGBTQ lessons on districts and students. Strips power from school boards. Schools removing sexually explicit books will be penalized (defunded and fined) and objecting board members doxed. Prohibits the removal of any “inclusive and diverse” material ever; any other materials may only be removed by 2/3 vote of board.
4. VOTE NO ON SB729 (Menjivar) – Babies – Forces insurance carriers to cover the cost of anyone who “cannot reproduce”—this includes single people and gay couples. Pays for anyone to get a baby via IVF or surrogacy, regardless of age, mental status, etc. Will incentivize poor women to sell their bodies or babies, increase cancer risk, and open season for pedophiles and human traffickers to obtain babies for customers and sexual pleasure / fetishes.
5. VOTE NO ON SB407 (Wiener) – Parents – Forces foster parents to promise to affirm the “sex change”of any foster child, or be the denied ability to foster. Eliminates over 60% of eligible foster families, and the chance of kids to find “forever” families. Will increase the need for institutional state-run group homes, which are the worst outcomes for the most vulnerable kids.
6. VOTE NO ON AB5 (Zbur) – Schools – Forces teachers to learn about transgenderism – but not desistence or detransition – to lie to parents about children presenting on campus as a different gender identity. No training of the dangers of the medicalization/sterilization of children. Teachers must be re-educated annually.
7. VOTE NO ON AB223 (Ward) – Parents – Allows an adult to change a minor child’s name, sex ID, and/or gender marker confidentially. Will help random adults – one parent, “friend,” boyfriend, court-appointed guardian – “erase” children. The argument of hiding records to prevent bullying of LGBT children upon supposed discovery of their trans identity (by Googling court records—impossible!) is bull-oney. No child can search public court records. AB223 helps sex traffickers, or parent absconding with child from another state, to hide the child’s whereabouts.
8. VOTE NO ON SB596 (Portantino) – Parents – Criminalizes parents who “disrupt” a school board meeting or “harass” school officials, on or off campus, by fining them up to $1,000 and/or 1 year in jail for expressing their anger over indoctrination policies and pornographic books in libraries.
9. VOTE NO ON AB1028 (McKinnor) – Safety, Women – Repeals the portion of existing law that mandates reporting by medical providers in cases of suspected abuse of women. Changes law to require reporting of suspected abuse only if woman is harmed by a gun. Helps pimps and traffickers beat women without fear of retribution.
10. VOTE NO ON SB345 (Skinner) – Medicine – Makes California a sanctuary for any medical provider providing gender affirming or abortion care in a state where it is illegal. Insulates these providers from investigation, discipline, suit or criminal charges, and gives them a private right of action to sue if investigated, etc. Will allow CA transgender and abortion providers to practice without any oversight or repercussion.
11. VOTE NO ON AB571 (Wicks) – Insurance – Requires medical malpractice insurance carriers to keep standard rates for doctors performing gender interventions and abortions, protecting and encouraging doctors to continue harming children.
12. VOTE NO ON SB487 (Atkins) – Insurance – Forces insurance carriers to indemnify doctors who harm gender-confused children with medical and surgical interventions. Doctors will be able to irreversibly harm children without penalty.
13. VOTE NO ON SB760 (Newman) – Schools – Forces each school to have “gender-neutral” bathroom – which could be a multiple-stall room. Placing males and females in the same toileting room will increase sexual assaults at schools. Bathrooms, already the most dangerous place in school, will become even more so.
14. VOTE NO ON SB40 (Umberg) – CA State Bar – Legal Noose. Incentivizes vexatious state bar reporting of attorneys who have conspired to or actually engaged in “treason, sedition, or insurrection against California or the USA.” Meaning, every attorney who has stood up against the Gov over the last three years and fought for you and your families could lose their license and ability to practice law in order to keep doing so.
15. VOTE YES ON SB14 (Grove) – Public Safety, Children, Human Trafficking – Makes repeat convictions for childsex-trafficking a three-strikes law. No plea bargaining. No “social justice credits, e.g. out early for “good behavior,” parole.
FIND YOUR REP:
READ THE BILLS YOURSELF:
Each bill is linked, above, however you can also enter this URL – and save it to bookmarks for future use – enter the target bill number then read the Text, compare versions, confirm the Status, and see how your reps voted in the past:
WANT A PRINTABLE, SHAREABLE FLYER?
Find it on our FLTJ RESOURCES tab under “Legislation”.