- This event has passed.
Cypress School District
December 13, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We need all hands on deck! Here are three ways to help defend medical freedom for all.
- Attend this event. If it is a board meeting, arrive 30 minutes early to chat with other attendees before the meeting starts.
- Bring a sign to hold before and during the event. Here are some ideas for signs: No Vaxx Mandates! Medical Freedom For ALL! Where there is risk, there must be choice.
- Print out our flyers and pass them out to other attendees. They offer the link to our free resources page. Our tool kits give step-by-step instructions on how to push back as parents and employees. You can access our printable flyer on the main page of the calendar. They are titled English Flyer and Spanish Flyer. We will add other languages as they become available.
Regular Board Meetings are scheduled for the second Thursday of each month with open session beginning at 7:00 p.m. and closed session immediately preceding (as necessary), except as indicated below*.
Board Meetings are held in the Board Room at the district’s administrative headquarters, located at 5816 Corporate Avenue in Cypress, and are also live-streamed via Zoom. A Zoom link is published on each meeting’s agenda.
- Regular Meeting agendas are posted at least 72 hours in advance
- Special meetings are scheduled on an as-needed basis – Agendas for these meetings are posted at least 24 hours in advance
2023 Regular Board Meeting Dates
February 9, 2023
March 9, 2023
April 20, 2023 (3rd Thursday)
May 11, 2023
June 8, 2023
June 14, 2023 (Wednesday)
July 13, 2023 (10:00 a.m.)
August 10, 2023
September 14, 2023
October 12, 2023
November 9, 2023
December 14, 2023
Speaking at Board Meetings
At Regular Board Meetings, during the “Public Comment” period listed on the agenda, members of the public may address the Board on any agenda item or other topic within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Alternatively, public comments regarding a specific agenda item will be permitted at the time of consideration by the Board.
At Special Board Meetings, comments will be limited to items contained on the special meeting agenda.
A person wishing to be heard by the Board shall first be recognized by the president. Speakers may complete a Public Comment Card (available on the table near the entrance) to assist the Board President in recognizing speakers and also provide the opportunity for follow-up communication if desired.
Comments are limited to 3 minutes each, with no more than 20 minutes allotted to any one item.
The Board shall take no action on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except as authorized by law. Without taking action, Board members or District staff members may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by the public about items not appearing on the agenda.